Wednesday, October 15, 2008

SPIDERS

Ok! So Ry wakes up from her nap, as does Judah at the same time...I grab Judah from his crib and head to Ry's room. There we are, all waking up , talking, and playing...then, it happens. Ry screams "SPIDER"! I of course am like..no, there is no spider. You are just imagining it because how could there be a spider in here if daddy is not here to get it! So - I look up on the wall and -oh yes - it really was there...very real, and heading down the wall towards the bed. I am trying to figure out how I can just let it stay there for like 4 hours till Mark was home, but I couldn't. This guy was HUGE, mean looking and seemed to have some mission in mind that involved eating me and the kids. So I tell Ry that it is her spider because it is in her room, so she had to kill it! (I know, I know, what kind of mom am i?) She then responds by saying "no way, you are the mom". So here I am trying to figure out the best way to take out this viscous man-eating spider when she says "I am leaving, I do not want to see this". So there I am...just me and Little Judah trapped against out will, trying to decide how many wipes i could keep in my hand and still be able to kill the spider, and not get any of his grossness on me. TEN! ten is what I came up with. It was very thick but I felt like I could still somehow squish the thing. Next, I think " i need some support here." I call so many people on the phone. Did anyone answer? No, not even one! So I make Ry come back in..against her better judgement. I make her count, which she does so super fast then runs like she is in the Olympics away screaming and laughing yelling " I am not gonna watch this". Then I realize..I am all alone. Judah wasn't going to help, no one was answering the phone, and now that spider was looking right at me. It knew I was afraid, it knew it was in danger..it was like and old fashion stare down...THEN IT HAPPENED! The stinking spider makes a run for it. Right towards the bed and me...it was either me or him, so I did it!!! I squished the thing!!!!! I screamed and jumped..Judah then screamed, Ry was now laughing so hard she could barely stand...
So - that is it..I killed the spider! I WON! Spider versus Sarah, and Sarah won!!! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're such a good story teller!! xo

Kate said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! ;)

Umm...can I just tell you my husbands obsession with catching spiders and saving them to show me? I HATE spiders, and he somehow thinks he's romancing me or something by showing me unusual ones. In Colorado he actually CAUGHT a black widow, found a container to put it in and brought it home to proudly show me. Just the other day he made Mylo and I come to the basement to see a huge spider he had trapped under one of Mylo's toy bins to show us! Ickkkkk....it is SO creepy!